Kin is a photo sharing app that allows parents to share their photos with their closest family and friends. It is a side project I created to grow my skills in product development and market validation.
- Develop initial idea and hypothesis – parents want a private space to share photos
- Survey potential users to understand how they share currently share photos and identify gaps and areas of improvement
- Explore solutions currently in the market place
- Design key userflows
- Create a landing page to drive traffic to further validate user interest
- Evaluate if the idea is worth further pursuit
Users certainly felt the pain in sharing photos with family and friends confirming the need. A few were using competitive solutions I had discovered in my research. The landing page results however showed that a broader user group didn’t have a large interest in the app. Based on this feedback I have chosen not to pursue the project further.
It was a great experience to develop and test an idea. I learned a lot about the process going through this and look forward to applying those learnings to other projects in the future.